Friday, June 20, 2008

They're Everywhere, They're Everywhere!



Mums, that is! Oh my goodness, were we ever so busy today! Plantin', plantin', plantin' our lil' rooted cuttings of mums and asters. Red, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Pink, Bronze and Gold mums and Lavender, Purple, Fuchsia and Pink asters! Did you know they all have women's names? - like Red Glenda and Orange Hannah or Alberta Bronze and Pink Victoria - isn't that fun. There are so many varieties to choose from - you might jus' find one named after you!

One thing I'm super excited about this year is that we went to drip irrigation. You will see in one of the pics my hubby, Shaun and son, Casen hooking it all up. For 10 years, I've been watering in excess of 1,500 pots by hand each and every day during the growing season - sometimes twice a day. Hours and hours spent with a water hose in hand - I will not miss that one bit. This will really free me up to do other things I love to do - like PAINT.

I'll keep you posted as they grow - I'll also show you the beautiful flowering cabbage and kale we plant for fall as well as pansies and purple baron millet! Even though summer officially starts this weekend here in Kentucky - I always do look forward to autumn - it is absolutely my favorite season!

Have a happy and blessed weekend!
Cathy Cobblestone

7 comments:

tincanlily said...

You must be over the moon happy about the new water system, drip irrigation. Painting or watering I will take painting any day. I love mums in the fall...I did a litle potting, planting and painting yesterday and it was all done outside under my umbrealla!
Have a lovely weekend.
denise

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I cannot wait to see your fall plantings coming to life. As much as I love the colors of summer, I love fall even more. How nice you don't need to water each one by hand now! Enjoy the new found freedom.

hugs, Linda

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Just looking at all those pots, I'm excited for you! Love all those names. Every flower SHOULD have name.

Smiles,
Lea

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Fall....my favorite season! I can't wait to see all these when they bloom!

I'm sure you love your new water system!

~ Tammy

Farmhouse Primitives said...

My goodness Cathy. I complain about watering my meager garden and pots and cannot imagine you watering all those!! Neat pics of the little starts.....will enjoy seeing pics of them all grown up and ready for adoption.

CathyJean said...

Agreed!!! Autumn is my favorite season, too!! Loved your post, gave me something to be looking forward to - seeing your mums grow and knowing that cooler weather will be coming!
(I love gardening, but hate the heat - wierd, I know.)

Nancy Jo said...

oh my goodness Cathy!! I will not ever complain about what I have to water again! I bet they are going to be a riot of color come fall.
NANCY JO