Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A special Event

I mentioned to you a couple of weeks ago that I was able to help prepare for a special event that took place at a beautiful home here in my hometown. Well, I thought I'd share with you a few pictures from that day - it rained bucket loads the night before but turned out to be a glorious day. I was asked to add flowers to the exterior of the home as well as make an arrangement for the food table. The incredible food was prepared by two local women from Classic Country Catering - it was as delicious as it looked. I wanted to thank my friends at Brenda's Flowers for getting me the perfect color coral roses to make the arrangement for the ice bucket. You can not tell, but in this home are ceilings that are probably 20 feet and the walls are coral so the roses were a PERFECT match. The owners of the home were so very kind to me and I appreciate the opportunity to have been a part of that day.

Flowers from local growers, food from area farmers - if it all possible it was asked that everything be supplied from "local" people. I think that is so important - to support small businesses and those who love their work and have a true passion for it. I'm so grateful to have been asked as well as all those that were involved. A sincere thank you to Bill, Justine and David. And in the end, everyone was happy!

Just sharing with you today - Be blessed,
Cathy Cobblestone

3 comments:

TidyMom said...

Oh Cathy it all looks just WONDERFUL!!! How awesome that they wanted to support small businesses!! You did a GRAND job!!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh yes - just gorgoeus Cathy! What a neat way to support local business. We all need to do that.

Sue said...

I LOVE your blog!! I came across it from Linda at Behind My Red Door! You are so creative & the flower arrangements are beautiful. I will mark this as one of my favorites.