Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's A Fall / Christmas Tree..

...I know - Halloween was jus' yesterday - but... when you are in retail (like me) - I'm already late!!! But I thought I'd share a small tree with you that you could decorate now for Thanksgiving and simply change out just a couple of things to make it work for Christmas. But if I know you all like I think I do - I bet some of you drug out your Christmas decorations today! It's exciting - and hard to wait sometimes - so we will all decorate together in the coming weeks.
An interesting tree topper (my sweet mom's idea - gotta hand it to her). A basket turned on an angle - filled with burlap, some Chinese lantern sprays, a fabric sunflower and some mustard gold "Believe" stars.
This tree has grapevine garland, raffia, straw flowers, bittersweet, red ware ornaments...
...popcorn balls and large star bells with "peace, hope and joy".
This tree can be easily changed by removing the orange flowers - replacing them with red berries and maybe add some homespun ribbon in the with the raffia.


"Believe" in the magic of the season.
Have fun decorating!
Cathy

15 comments:

Melinda said...

Hi Cathy--
No Christmas decorating here yet.
Soon though. The tree featured is very pretty.
Would it be possible to find out how you made the salt dough ornaments on your sidebar--they are very cute. Also what type of paint did you use?

Thanks!
Melinda

Breathing In Grace said...

I love the words "hope" and "believe"....so I really like your fall tree!!! Of course...I love everything you post!!!

Debbie said...

I think your tree looks wonderful! I have had my little prim tree sitting up for a month now. I am taking off the Halloween ornies to replace them wih more fall ornies but by Turkey day... there will be Christmas! I wish I had your knack for decorating... want to come do mine???

Take Care,
Debbie

Michelle said...

I have one of these little trees from your shop. I just might have to take it out early for Thanksgiving. How cute!

Ribbons -n- Rags said...

Hard to believe how fast it all rolls around. When we were children, Christmas seemed to take two years to get her, now it only seems like a couple of months. Can't wait to see all your Christmas goodies.

Take Care,
Michelle
Ribbonsnrags.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Wow! Cathy, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this - but I must!
That tree is just beautiful!!!
Really beautiful!
Are those popcorn balls real or did you make them from something else???
I have to go back and look, again!
Many Blessings,
Julie

tincanlily said...

It is a very pretty tree. It is picture perfect! Lots and lots of eye candy. Great idea!
denise

FHCS said...

You do the most BEAUTIFUL DISPLAYS! I love all of your arrangements and that tree is awesome. Geeze, I wish we were neighbors!

Sue said...

The tree is beautiful...as is EVERYTHING you do!! I thought about getting out some of my decorations this weekend. I know I'll have family for Thanksgiving but I have my first Christmas party on Dec. 1 and can't wait until Thanksgiving is over to begin decorating. This is a wonderful idea!

Beverly said...

Your tree is beautiful and amazing that it can so easily be changed from fall to Christmas. Good ideas what with wanting to get started for Christmas but not leaving out Thanksgiving. I too would like to know about the popcorn balls.

Tamara Jansen said...

How GORGEOUS!

Nancy Yoakum said...

Love your idea!~ I usually decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving on the long weekend. Your tree is really cute, but then again everything your touch is magical! Thanks for sharing.

Smiles,
Nancy

Christina said...

Your tree is adorable...may have to drag one out of the attic.

Anonymous said...

I do this same thing --- I sat up the Christmas tree and turn it into a Thanksgiving tree when I have our married kids come but this year I get them for Christmas. Your tree is delightful and gave me some ideas --- thanks a ton!
Kristeen from northern Utah. kandgough@gmail.com

Becca's Dirt said...

I like the Thanksgiving tree. Very creative of you. I am ready for the holiday early this year. I want to get the Christmas deco stuff out - but I am waiting a few more weeks.