Thursday, October 28, 2010

The "Workbench" wall...

...of the barn. Yes, this is post number 3 in our "barn makeover" for Tiff and Shane's wedding. Jus' sharing with you what we started with and where we ended up. Tiff wanted something different - something casual, kind of "earthy", somewhat fallish - yet no orange pumpkins or mums. Well, here a few more pics of what those requests translated into.
As you can see - this wall had to be tweaked quite a bit. From the very beginning - we thought that this workbench would be perfect for the buffet line. But that shelf above - well, it was gonna be jus' for pretties. So here we go...
...some birds, some wire cloches, some green gourds...

...some white pumpkins, grapes and hedgeapples...

...lanterns, a wall of Christmas lights, yards and yards of burlap...

...old windows, lanterns, and big paper flowers...

...it was a pretty big focal point when it was said and done...

...it jus' glistened as the day turned into night...

I loved the way it turned out - it was different...

...but oh so pretty.
Happy Friday!
Cathy






14 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh gorgeous! This just turned out beautifully. Every post of this wedding is such eye candy. Great ideas. The bride must have been thrilled!
Blessings,
Becky C

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Absolutely stunning - from the start to finish. What talent you have! Thanks for sharing, Dawn

Kim said...

WOW! Great job! I love it!
Kim in OK

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!! I've loved each post and every picture!!

~Cindy~

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How beautiful~ what a transformation!

flower power momma said...

Very very lovely. You had quite a job! I don't think I would have initially noticed the barn being there, w/o your photos. The transformation is fantastic.
I really like all the things you've done. I am planning my oldest daughters wedding, outdoor ceremony, but indoor reception for next May.
It's wonderful to get these idea inspiring pics.

Verde Farm said...

Each post gets prettier and prettier. I think the burlap and cream with hints of green is just perfect. It's all such a natural look and elegant. Love it!
Amy

tincanlily said...

I can just imagine the ohhs and ahhs! It says fall in a very subtle way.
denise

Patty's Stitches said...

How beautiful! I love every bit of it!

Melinda said...

Continues to be great.

Melinda

cindy said...

This is just the most beautiful wedding set up I've seen in ages! Would you mind if I feature it on my blog? Of course I'll link back to ya so everyone can read all about it :)

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Oh my goodness! As someone who's done a few weddings and has a barn, I'm blown away by your creativity!!! ALL your ideas and projects are gorgeous. So much inspiration. The lucky couple must have been delighted! THANK YOU for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS on a beautiful job!
hugs,
Leslie

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Oh, my! It turned out so dreamy. Thanks for giving us the perspective with the "before" and "after" shots. What a transformation!

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com