Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A "mini" Christmas Tour....

Welcome to our dining room/den I suppose you say. It really is kind of all together. So it is pretty much decorated the same. Hope you enjoy the peek.

Our stairway decked out in red, blue, cream, silver, money plant and...

...pine cones, and netting, and well, just about anything else I could stick in there.

My red hutch in the dining room with a lil' festive cheer on top and a lil' candy and the gingerbread house Casen made with his buddy, Madison, and her sweet mom, Karen.

Happy, Happy - Joy - Joy...

Oh and yes, that above mentioned "sweet Karen" also made us some SCRUMPTIOUS homemade red velvet cupcakes, peanut butter balls and coconut bon bons (which are my favorite - so I've already "hid" that platter. She brought us three in all - love her sweet heart!

One of my prized possessions. A hand carved Nativity made by a cousin of mine. It was given to me by my grandmother and was hand made in 1984. I'll keep it always.

The wise men...

...and baby Jesus. I love the detail.

On the table...

My BIG wreath - you can't even hardly walk up the steps - hehe...

...a peek into both rooms...

...Our family tree...

Balls and greenery hang from the light fixture...

"Merry Christmas to all" - that is what my lil' boy wanted me to write on the chalkboard - consider it said.

...My lil' blue cabinet with some holiday cheer...

My small carolers under glass...

A closer look...

And another prized possession. My BIG carolers - handmade by my sweet, Mamaw Cleo. I'll treasure them forever.

Thanks for stopping by. One more day to get ready so I gotta go...
Merry CHRISTmas!
Cathy

20 comments:

Cary said...

Your place is just beautiful and spirit filled. Merry Christmas from our house to yours.

bettyj said...

Just beautiful, all of it. Your Nativity and carolers are absolutely wonderful. Such treasures.
betty, Through My Back Door

Nancy @ Wrapped In Love said...

Love your decorations for Christmas!! Do you make house calls?

Sheila said...

Absolutely stunning! I love everything about your decor and especially your treasured Nativity.
Peace be with you~
Sheila

NanaDiana said...

Cathy- What a beautiful home you have...and the decorations are beautiful. I can't BELIEVE how wonderful that hand made nativity is...that is a real prize..the best~ Hugs- Diana

Unknown said...

Your house is gorgeous! I love it all. And I'm so anxious to see that new house of yours, too. Did you see you won Laurie Anna's giveback?? Congrats, that is a good one!!
Merry Christmas
Becky C

AUDREY {LIL' BOOGER BLOG} said...

BEAUTIFUL CATHY! Thanks for sharing your pictures! :)

Melinda said...

Looks truley festive there!

Very pretty.
Have a great one.

melinda

Unknown said...

Beautiful, have a very Merry Christmas!

Friendship Crossing said...

Wow! what a beautiful home you have. You have a wonderful knack for decorating it full of gorgeous Christmas decor!

Love your tree, but esp. your hand-carved nativity.

Merry Christmas!

Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

Verde Farm said...

I absolutely LOVE every little detail. It is beautiful and oh so cozy. I wish you could decorate my house next year!!

Catherine said...

Very nice xmas decorations! Merry Christmas. Catherine

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

GORGEOUS! And so many wonderful heirlooms and beautiful memories! My favorite things!

Merry Christmas to you!

Lou Cinda

Angie said...

Your home just gets more and more gorgeous! I love your new color scheme (the blue)and furniture. Seriously, about the cutest darn house I have ever seen. Merry Christmas to you, my friend, and your family!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, your home is beautiful and very inspiring!

Merry Christmas!

~Andrea~

Kim said...

Beautiful! Merry Christmas
Kim in OK

Cathy said...

Beautifully decorated!

Patty's Stitches said...

Just beautiful! Do you travel to Tennessee to decorate for folks?

Bon said...

I am in love with your tree! Gorgeous!
Bon @ drab to Fab
www.gorgfabgoodies.blogspot.com

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Cathy, I just found you via Tina's blog. Your home is just gorgeous! I love your style of decorating!!

Becky