Monday, October 29, 2012

Dried Wedding Flowers...


Another beautiful fall day here in Kentucky - BUT my thoughts are very much on the people facing the devastating weather on the Eastern Coast. 
 
A while back I was asked to make some dried floral arrangements for a wedding.  I have made many wedding bouquets over the years but never a "dried" one believe it or not.  This beautiful bride knew exactly what she wanted and armed with pictures from Pinterest - here is what we came up with.
 
Simple and rustic for her "harvest-style" wedding...
 
 
The boutonnieres were simply made up of preserved leaves, wheat, some centers from purple cone flower, caspia, a needle-like burgundy dyed greenery, a touch of burlap and all tied up with twine.
 
 
 
A few corsages for the MOTB, MIL and others were a lil' larger with some preserved lime-light hydrangea and golden yarrow mixed in.
 
 
 
And lastly for the beautiful bride, Jade, and her attendants - small handheld bunches of all the flowers tied with burlap and twine.
 
 
 A few pearl pins just for the bride - still she wanted nothing fancy...
 
 
 
Her attendants were the same just a bit smaller.
 
 
 
I wouldn't hesitate to use dried flowers again - they really did turn out pretty I think - especially for this time of year. 
 
 
Best wishes Jade and Andrew - hope you have a lifetime of happiness.
 
 
 

7 comments:

Beverly said...

I can only imagine how beautiful a Harvest style wedding would be. I would not have thought of dried flowers for a wedding, but how apporpriate. Your designs are wonderful. The colors so rich and pretty.

NanaDiana said...

Hi Cathy- I am back from my blogging break- Your dried flowers are just beautiful. How perfect for a rustic style wedding- GOOD JOB! xo Diana

Kim said...

Very pretty.

Melinda said...

Such pretty arrangements.
I'm sure the bride was very pleased
with your creations.

Super job.

M:)

Tardevil said...

Beautiful flowers! I bet the wedding was gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations!!!

village folk art said...

OMGosh ... My kind of gal. I love real dried stuff. These are spectacular.

Much Peace and Blessings to the newly weds,
Barb

Deb said...

Hello friend...what a unique idea...