Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shaun's Favorite Cake...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!  Hope everybody is doing well.  I've been into projects - just not posting 'bout them - not for sure why.  I'll do better - promise.

But today - I thought I'd share with you the recipe for my hubby's favorite cake.  Now, it is not complicated or difficult to make (if it were - I wouldn't be making it ;-)



It is a simple chocolate cake with homemade icing - a recipe that my sweet grandmother gave me - one she simply calls "Easy Chocolate Cake".

I took step-by-step pictures but somehow they were all stacked on top of each other - so the written/typed version will have to do.

Easy Chocolate Cake

CAKE
Bring to a boil
-1 stick of butter
-1 cup of water
-1/2 cup oil
-3 tablespoons of cocoa

...while waiting mix...

-2 cups SIFTED flour
-2 cups sugar together

...then add
-2 eggs
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/2 c. buttermilk
-1 teaspoon soda

... stir and pour first 4 ingredients over the mixture
...mix together well and place in greased pan
...Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes for a regular cake pan - approx. 50 min. for bundt pan

ICING

Bring to a boil...
1 stick butter
6 tablespoons of milk
4 tablespoons of cocoa

then add...
1 pound of powdered sugar (sifted)

...stir well

...Pour over warm cake

Now, I will have to say - that it doesn't really make a "pretty" cake - because the icing runs everywhere but oh my goodness - it sure is

............MMMMMMMMMM YUMMY!................

Happy Valentine's Day!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious! My family would LOVE this cake...will have to try :)
Happy Valentine's Day!

Angela Richardson said...

Sounds so Chocolatey and Delicious, will be trying this!!

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...

Looks Delicious Cathy.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

NanaDiana said...

Cathy-That sounds wonderful. I love those good old-fashioned recipes- Happy V Day to you- xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

Cathy- I made the cake and it is delicious- I am going to do a post about it with a link back here for the recipe. SOOOOO good!!!! xo Diana

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cathy,
Oh my star's.... this sounds delishes...and oh so bad for my Weight Watchers plan LOL LOL.
I can just taste it all warm with a scoop of ice cream. OK I am hungry now.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Melinda said...

Yummy, yummy!
I bet this was tasty.

M :)